Sunday, May 12, 2013

2/3's of our Colour Script

ColourScript66%2

For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a colour script. It is basically rough (very rough) painting of colour and lighting over the top of our storyboards. We do this primarily for two reasons.

  • To give us an idea of where the lights should be coming from and the general colours and saturation of the image.
  • Because it looks damn pretty.
  • And a few other reasons.
You may notice that I'm not a particularly good painter, but I think I vastly improved over the course of doing these. I trialed several different techniques  which I wont go into due to that fact that I still didn't know what I was doing, really and managed to cut down the time it took to do each one. The first one took me 40 minutes. The last one about 10. I also didn't do them in sequentially or in any particular order though.

Anyway this represents about the first 2/3rds of the film. The last 1/3rd shall remain a mystery until the movie is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment